Linux / Unix System Administrator
Green Cloud Consulting, LLC is seeking a Senior Unix/Linux Administrator to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The qualified individual will be supporting our Department of Defense customer on site in Quantico, VA.
The Linux / Unix Systems Administrator shall support all system administration tasks for Unix/Linux servers including: installation, configuration, patching, securing and maintenance of the servers and associated peripheral devices. Responsibilities include user account management; system backups and restores; network and storage configuration; server virtualization using VMware; performance optimization including load balancing and capacity management; system troubleshooting and diagnostics; and system performance and security monitoring.
- Recent hands-on system administration experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 and higher , VMware 5.5, and/or Oracle Solaris.
- 5+ years of Systems Administration, server patching, system configuration of COTS products
- Must have five (5) years as administrator of UNIX based systems such as Redhat Enterprise Linux 5 or 6 or Solaris 10 for SPARC and X86
- Must have three (3) years as administrator of virtualized enterprise Environments
- Extensive experience administering DOD network environments
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and an understanding of common protocols
- Experience with Red Hat operating systems
- Experience with Solaris operating systems
- Experience with server patching, performance tuning, troubleshooting, backups and recovery, and storage
- Experience with System configuration -Security Configuration and Analysis console, information security templates, device control
- Experience with installing and configuring Apache Web Server, Tomcat Application Server, Bind DNS, and Oracle database servers a plus
- Experience following DoD STIGs and utilizing DoD security tools
- Ability to monitor support tickets - updating ticketing, triaging/diagnosing and contacting users with status
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering/Science, Mathematics or related technical field preferred
- DoD 8570 WIP IAT-II certification or equivalent (CompTIA Security+ce),
Green Cloud Consulting, LLC is a highly regarded, women-owned small business. We offer cutting-edge information technology services with a focus on virtualization, cloud computing, and green technology.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 11:23:46 PDT