Sr. Information Systems Engineer SME
Sr. Information Systems Engineer SME
CGI Federal is looking for a Senior Information Systems Engineer SME with experience modernizing legacy COBOL applications. The ideal candidate will have experience and executive level communication skills to advise executives and senior level client technical staff of the benefits, issues, costs and risks of new technologies. You will advise on what is necessary to implement a new technology program(s) or modernize existing mission-critical systems such as conversion from siloed, COBOL-based systems to a modern integrated set of applications necessary to provide a superior client use experience. Your future duties and responsibilities
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations.
Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies, and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems.
Analyzes, designs, acquires, and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems.
Plans, designs, acquires, and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems.
At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set. Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Master's Degree is required along with 3-6 years of relevant experience is required
• Possesses superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to Agency counterparts.
• Expert knowledge of federal laws and regulations, directives, instructions, policy, standards, and guidance, including knowledge of FedRAMP requirements and guidance, so that requirements support security and privacy compliance.
• Expert in an advanced technical areas such as telecommunications/ networks, IT architecture, databases, risk management, software, SDLC management, modeling and simulation, etc. Experience and expert knowledge in advanced and complex computing environments and all facets of the SDLC with a focus on consultations and advice on difficult problem resolution, implementation strategies.
• Skills should include mastery of JAVA. Successful candidates MUST understand and be able to articulate secure coding practices. Mastery of NODE.JS and/or experience operating in an Agile environment is a big plus.
• Experience participating as an expert consultant as needed in all phases of software development.
• Experience and demonstrated success in working with large enterprises, large geographical areas, and users (greater than 40,000). Expert knowledge and skill in all facets of systems development and deployment.
• Experience and demonstrated success working with clients in sensitive environments, understands user issues, understands policy and political issues that may adversely affect success and offers approaches to manage such issues.
• Experience in leading, advising and consulting using advanced expertise in areas a client has interest in and needs expertise to carefully evaluate technologies, benefits, risks and costs in order to make a decision to use such technology/technologies, and/or resolve technology problems.
• Expertise in advising executive program and technical clients on the analysis, design, implementation, training, maintenance and usage of advanced technologies within their organization, particularly with respect to a client's mission, business goals and forecasted environmental impacts (e.g., increased number of clients served, new legislation, constrained budgets, client interaction preferences, security and privacy concerns, and workforce development issues).
• Experience leading teams in complex application and operational environments; performing high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation; and resolving complex problems.
• Experience providing advanced technical knowledge and analysis in key technical areas using analytic techniques and computational methods to resolve issues.
• Experience making recommendations and advising on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts in the following sample specialties: Information Systems Architecture, Networking, Telecommunications, Automation, Communications Protocols, Risk Management/Electronic Analysis, Software, Life-Cycle Management, Software Development Methodologies, 508 compliance, human factors modeling, modeling and simulation etc.
• Extensive experience in the development and implementation of best practices for large scale, enterprise-size clients. Understands sensitive organizational issues and change management practices and strategies, offers advice and approaches to mitigate organizational stress during change. Understands how to deploy new technologies within existing complex set of technologies of varying levels modernization. Takes an enterprise approach to such implementations taking into account technology, workforce training, user change management and executive and political support.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following Certifications:
Certified Business Operations Professional (CBOP), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Accredited Management Consultant (AMA), PMP, CBM, CIPM, CMC, CM, CMBA, CIM, CFCM, MKMP, MPM, MMC, P.Mgr, or SCPM. Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
At CGI, we are a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 14:06:57 PDT