ETL Developer/Engineer (Scientist/Engineering Specialist)
ETL Developers are responsible for all aspects of the design, testing, and implementation of ETL processes within the data warehouse. Developers also must test and optimize their designs to ensure the system runs smoothly. ETL developers must have advanced database design knowledge to include star and snowflake schemas as well as big data platforms.
*This is a virtual position so candidates can be located anywhere within the continental US and be considered. However, you must have a CURRENT Active DoD Secret security clearance to qualify.
To qualify, the Scientist/Engineering Specialist must possess:
- BS + 12 years of experience or MS +8 years of experience.
- Relevant civilian and/or military health care experience or other industry experience transferrable to military health.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and experience with Government regulations, policies, procedures and limitations within their scope of responsibilities.
- Coordinate with the appropriate management levels, as required by applicable policies or procedures.
- Have working knowledge of latest versions of office automation software and recognize potential enhancements or limitations of new software utilized within their area of expertise/tasking.
- Contract personnel shall be knowledgeable with standard AFMS software programs such as the Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Suite.
- May be required to prepare, develop, present a wide variety of documents, including letters, staff summary sheets, presentations, spreadsheets, forms, metrics, etc. as needed, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Synthesize and evaluate information from a variety of sources, to prepare documents or provide insight with which officials can make timely and accurate decisions.
- Provide reports regarding individual contract employees' taskings and accomplishments.
- Contract employees are required to obtain and maintain certifications mandated by AF and DoD IM/IT policies as appropriate to their assigned duties.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing in English.
- Must possess a DoD SECRET clearance or above.
In addition to the standard education credentials, you must have:
- Deep understanding of Data Warehousing principles with hands on experience including EDW, ODS, DM, ROLAP and MOLAP, slowly changing dimensions and change data capture
- 4+ years of demonstratable ETL experience using SSIS
- Advanced SQL skills with MS SQL Server including complex query building and query performance tuning
- Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes
- Ability to produce adhoc ETL Jobs or Database Queries to answer business questions quickly and efficiently.
- Requirements gathering/facilitation skills
- Gather and analyze business requirements and convert them to design specifications
- Data profiling experience
- ETL code deployment, production troubleshooting experience
- Strong ETL performance tuning skills. The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance issues within variety of operational environments
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data concerning production volumes, batch schedules, and i/o statistics
- Troubleshoot problems and effectively communicate with business and technical team members at all levels.
- Monitor ETL load schedules, proactive issue management to ensure ETL schedules achieve SLAs.
Sat, 23 Sep 2017 20:05:35 PDT