Structured Cabling Systems Engineer
Position: Structured Cabling Systems Engineer
Compensation: Determined based upon relative work experience and negotiated prior to hiring. We also provide PTO, Paid Holidays, Health and Dental Benefits, and an Employer matching retirement plan; once time based milestones are met.
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
South Carolina based systems integrator specializing in the audio-visual, security systems and structural cabling industry is looking for a full-time position for an experienced Structured Cabling Engineer-Designer, with a great combination of customer and technical skills, to join our team. Responsibilities include partnering with our experienced sales professionals to design integrated mission critical and high profile structured cabling systems. Successful candidate needs good communication skill set to interface with clients, architects, contractors, and company staff. Daily challenges include determining and understanding our clients' culture of use for SC systems and workspace requirements, and applying leading edge technologies to meet those requirements. Some travel is required with this position.
- Proven track record for providing turnkey solutions on time, within budget.
- Experience with large scale labor and materials estimating required.
- Project management experience a plus.
- BICSI RCDD highly desired but, not required.
- AutoCAD/Visio experience desired.
- D-Tools experience is desired.
- Layout and design of structured cabling systems including voice, data and RF/CATV video horizontal and backbone cabling distribution systems and other low-voltage systems.
- Layout and design of outside Plant (OSP) backbone cabling distribution systems.
- Coordinate and develop system scope, design layout and drawings with client and other disciplines.
- Perform site visits for documentation of existing system and building conditions.
- Documented experience in SC industry standards and design principles, current and emerging SC technologies, building design, construction, and project management principles.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels and departments including corporate project stakeholders, associated design disciplines, and construction/system integration contractors.
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Able to work as an individual contributor and contribute as part of a larger project team.
- Unique opportunity available to candidate with track record of strong leadership and project management experience.
About SCI Electronics, Inc.:
Founded in 1963 in Greenville South Carolina, the firm has evolved into a sophisticated solutions provider of integrated engineered systems for multimedia communications and structured cabling installations. Our core corporate belief is that technology should function simply and reliably for the client.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 13:42:44 PDT