Architecture and Infrastructure - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE
Vacancy ID S2158 Job Title ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE Department Architecture and Infrastructure School/Parent Organization Digital Instruction and Information Services Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 10/02/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time 8:30 Normal End Time 5:00 Position/Job Summary
Responsible for technical leadership and oversight for infrastructure systems, architectural guidance and implementation of IT strategies to include administration, implementation, maintenance, and planning in support of infrastructure systems, virtualization, storage, security, and collaboration architectures. Responsible for building and managing vendor relationships to ensure systems are robust and stable. Manage and mentor a dedicated team to ensure stable operation of the organization's IT infrastructure.
1. Provide leadership and oversight for infrastructure systems, virtualization, storage, security, and collaboration architectures. Work in collaboration with the director to develop strategic plans. Develop and maintain working partnerships with clients and IT teams to successfully architect services infrastructures.
2. Serve as the technical lead on the systems architecture and infrastructure ensuring scalability and supportability of the Ithaca College strategic vision.
3. Contribute to and oversee the development of roadmaps and high-level design plans for the logical and technical IT architecture. Partnering with various technology domain, functional, leadership, and operations teams to develop comprehensive solution designs.
4. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
5. Develop and maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of system engineering and architecture.
6. Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule realization, process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met.
7. Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis.
8. Design and implement load balanced redundancy and business continuity procedures for re-establishing services in the event of a disruption.
9. Provide leadership and oversight for staff in administering infrastructure systems, Identity and Access Management (IAM), virtualization, cloud services, and Office 365. Monitor work for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness; assist technical staff in learning new tools, products, and features; conduct annual personnel evaluations; and recommend various personnel actions to include but not limited to hiring, merit recommendation, promotion, vacation schedule and dismissal. Coordinate and supervise work assignments.
10. Assist in preparing and maintaining documents, vendor contracts, and budgets related to systems infrastructure; prepare budgets, authorize purchases, monitor, certify and reconcile expenditures and budgeted funds.
11. Maintain enterprise IT security policy, standards, and procedures. Champion and promote information security and privacy standards, policies and procedures.
12. Provide leadership in the absence of the Director on various Information Technology and College committee working groups.
Bachelor's degree in technical, management or related field with a minimum five years' of experience in an IT environment; previous management experience, strong leadership ability, demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet objectives and schedules; excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills, strong service attitude, ability as a member of a project team; ability to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives and foster the development of high performance teams; ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive; knowledge of SCCM, JAMF, Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix UPM/AppSense), Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Office Suite (365), Disaster recovery/business continuity, Private Public Hybrid Cloud technologies. Familiarity with scripting technologies such as VBScript, PowerShell, and architectural models such as TOGAF, SOA required. Knowledge of project management fundamentals, Waterfall and Agile, and work experience in higher education is desired.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $88,000 to $94,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).