2nd or 3rd Shift Supervisor
A self directed leader who supports, and prioritizes the activities of their assigned manufacturing team, including temporary employees. Ensures that products produced meet the customer needs in the areas of cost, quality and delivery. Ensures that a safe work environment is maintained at all times. Participates / leads continuous improvement and problem solving activities in support of the Magna Production System. Accountable to Operations Manager for schedule attainment, yield and labor for each cell within his/her shift.
- Quality- Makes quality control decisions based on established quality standards and checks. Identifies opportunities for common mistake proofing. Understands quality control plans. Accurately tracks and measures defects and performs a defect analysis. Ensures standardized work is followed and maintained.
- Communication- Effectively communicates performance in all aspects of the business including, but not limited to Policy, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Equity, Productivity and General Focus Factory Communications, during pre-shift meetings and team meetings.
- Safety/5S- Corrects or commends health and safety performance in work area and takes immediate action to correct unsafe conditions or actions. Ensures employees are appropriately trained in recognizing hazards associated and specific to their job. Completes safety inspections on a routine basis, and ensures compliance with all Health and Safety as well as ISO14001 policies and procedures. Leads accident/incident investigations. Assists in conducting risk assessment on new and/or modified equipment and/or processes.
- Staffing- Through subordinate Team Leaders, responsible for weekly staffing of work cells based on customer demand / weekly schedule in accordance with materials team. Staffs work cells with trained personnel to meet "takt time". Maintains vacation, overtime, off-line training and relief schedules
- HR/Training- Development of employees using Training Within Industry and training matrices. Presents new information to large and small groups. Administers and applies company policy consistently and fairly. Has the ability to hire/fire and discipline employees. Provides constructive feedback to all employees regularly through performance reviews. Establishes individual development plans by determining needed skills and knowledge. Participates in the hiring of new employees by interviewing candidates effectively and legally. Develops team competence using E.O.S improvement activities. Responsible for maintaining and developing team morale.
- Improvements- Responsible for continuous improvement for customer concerns, on time delivery through schedule attainment, quality, scrap reduction, safety and morale. Leads teams through problem solving process, documents issues and identifies solutions that prevent recurrence. Supports Continuous Improvement team in the performance and completion of time studies of operation while developing and performing, with the team, work sequence, standardized work and takt time charting.
- Materials- Leads on-line schedule attainment. Knowledge and usage of Baan related systems and implements visual controls as required. Responds to inventory variances with corrective action for manufacturing shift. Monitors utilization of kanban - JIT systems.
- Upward Communications- Tracks and evaluates performance measurables against safety, quality, cost and delivery goals. Executes appropriate action plans to meet or exceed goals. Alerts management team of significant variations of goals and expectations to prevent surprises through corrective action, desired performance and proactive communication.
- General- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
- EHS - Performs all work in compliance with Magna and Magna Sealing and Glass Systems Health, Safety
and Environmental policies and procedures as well as all federal, State and local laws; promptly report any hazardous condition or workplace injury to immediate supervisor or EHS designate.
• Ensures level supplier releases and production scheduling based on customer requirements, management goals and objectives, availability of materials, capacity of equipment, etc. Contends with an uneven customer demand and adjusts production schedules to secure a stable, consistent level. Assumes sole responsibility for authorizing/releasing all materials used in respective manufacturing area.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 07:02:45 PDT