Solar Field Service Technician
The Field Service Electrician will report to the Operations Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to installed Residential and small Commercial PV systems. The ideal candidate has significant experience and understanding in the design and installation of residential PV systems. Knowledge of solar monitoring systems and an current electrical license is a must!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Confirm appointment with customer the day before Service appointment
• Customer must be home for all appointments or grant you access via email
• Check on jurisdictional requirements before appointment
• Measure Voltage and do a full system review with picture documentation on all service trips
• Confirm Service Ticket checklist is complete with detailed notes Confirm there are pictures documenting all aspects of the job site
• Performing required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage responding to corrective maintenance cases on residential PV systems
- Take customer calls and address questions and concerns over the phone and email that get elevated to tier 2 and need a technical review. Will produce production analysis for problem solving, walk customers through trouble shooting system errors and schedule onsite service if required.
- Responsible for being a subject-matter expert on processes associated with the installation of PV Systems. This includes knowing equipment specifications for the major components used in PV arrays, being able to read technical drawings and building plans and maintain a strong understanding of PV design requirements.
- Provide expert technical support over the phone and answer customer inquiries regarding system performance, maintenance, and savings and production analysis.
• Any other duties required by Operations Management
- Must be a Licensed or Journeyman Electrician
- Job related experience in customer service, PV installations, PV Design/Engineering, and trouble shooting
- Experience working with electricity and electrical components
- Can communicate effectively in both written and verbal English
- Excellent telephone and email communication skills
- Must be able to research and analyze problems and make independent decisions
- Attention to detail
- Prompt response to customer needs
- Positive team spirit
- Can read and interpret plans and other written information
- Accurate and thorough
- Work with integrity and ethics
- Can handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Work long hours when necessary to reach goals
- Ask for and offer help when needed
- Resourceful at meeting challenges
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Use time efficiently
- Observe safety and security procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driving license insurable by good driving record
- Good mathematical aptitude and accuracy
- Can communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English.
- Can work/complete/integrate multiple tasks.
- Ability to learn skills associated with tool use for a wide array of home improvement measures
- Good decision-making ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• NABCEP Certification strongly preferred
• Greater trades experience in roofing or electrical a plus
• Have a minimum of one years of PV installation experience
• Proficiency in installing all types of grid-tied inverters & able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
RGS Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. RGS Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ABOUT RGS ENERGY
RGS Energy was founded in 1978, and our 39 years in business is longer than the 25-year warranties offered on most solar power systems. Our expertise, professionalism and quality are unparalleled in the solar industry, and offer our customers the security to know we will be there when they need us. Real Goods Solar is a publicly traded, profitable company (NASDAQ: RSOL) with a robust balance sheet. We have a long history of consulting and working with thousands of customers, governments, educational institutions and industry leaders such as NASA, the White House and Disney.
RGS Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:31:33 PDT