CSS is seeking a Java Application Developer (5 years Java development experience) to work on a client site in Washington, DC area. The position will provide web based application development support in Java for a range of custom built applications. The qualified candidate will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of creative development solutions. The position requires strong hands on technical knowledge of Java and experience mentoring junior developers. The ideal candidate will be comfortable creating deliverables for design and deployment. Ideal candidate will have experience with development standards and best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and support web based Java applications
• Provide technical recommendations and strategic planning insights to the customer on behalf of the development team
• Conduct solution analysis and provide recommendations on application improvements
• Adhere to the client configuration management control and QA policies
• Strong customer facing skills
• Mentor team members in code reviews and act as project lead
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues (Tier-3 Support)
• At least 5 years of experience programming in Java, J2EE and comprehensive understanding of J2EE design patterns with Spring MVC or Struts Framework
• JPA and Hibernate using Oracle database
• Core Java Language
• Java script
• HTML, CSS and JSPs
• At least 10 years' total development experience
• Experience in using web frameworks such as AJAX, Struts, Hibernate, Bootstrap and Spring, etc...
• Experience in creating and using Enterprise Java Beans
• Experience working within formal lifecycle frameworks where formal customer approval of project deliverables was required
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is a Woman-Owned (WOSB) and HUBZone certified small business. Built on a foundation of trusted client partnerships, CSS has fostered a stakeholder-centric yet disciplined approach to IT solutions development. This ensures our ability to consistently meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
CSS is a very employee oriented company knowing that well trained, professional associates are what make our company great. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and paid time off; medical insurance that includes vision; dental insurance; company paid long and short-term disability and life insurance; a Simple IRA plan (similar to 401k); parking and commuter reimbursement. We also work with our employees on training and professional certification plans that benefit the employee, the client and CSS - a win-win-win strategy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CSS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CSS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Thu, 28 Sep 2017 01:39:45 PDT