Reports to the Engineering Supervisor. Responsible for the implementation of project and process support activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals. Primary focus in areas of capacity expansion, quality/waste improvement and cost improvement programs. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying scope and complexity.
- Directs personnel in the troubleshooting and maintenance of cam driven mechanisms and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment used in the production process.
- Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution. Specific focus will be in areas of improving upon chronic levels of quality, waste and equipment efficiencies.
- Clear understanding of the role of Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Has knowledge of proper Engineering practices and vendor relationships.
- Responsible for coordinating activities between equipment vendors, Division R & D and plant functional departments on his/her assignments.
- Ability to handle projects of a moderate to large scope requiring extensive coordination. Will be required to handle several assignments (project & process duties) simultaneously.
- Prepares and submits capital appropriation requests and controls expenditures on these projects as required.
- Has knowledge of established safety standards and operator interface with equipment.
- Establishes which elements comprising a job are suitable for in-house fabrication or revision and which items would be best contracted. Secure quotations and select contractors; direct the contractors efforts or the efforts of in-house forces to a satisfactory scheduled completion of the necessary work. Supervise and inspect all work in-process by contractors or plant forces; provide guidance where necessary.
- Must have Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a high-speed automated manufacturing environment.
- Must have high-speed automated assembly experience in the following areas:
- synchronous and asynchronous assembly platforms
- cam-operated equipment
- pneumatics and servo controlled assembly
BD is a global medical technology company that is focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD has state-of-the-art facilities around the globe that provide an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We hire associates who have a passion and commitment to "Helping all people live healthy lives." We are always seeking great people to join our Company on its journey to greatness.
In March 2015, CareFusion, a leading provider of healthcare technology and services for medication management, infection prevention, respiratory care and surgical procedures, joined BD as part of our worldwide Medical segment. Together, our companies will form one of the largest global leaders in medication management and patient safety solutions.
To learn more and apply for opportunities with BD or one of our CareFusion businesses, visit https://jobs.bd.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:51:08 PDT