CONSTRUCTION FIELD ENGINEER
It is desirable for Field Engineers to have earned a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution. A person in this position will perform the majority of their duties within the field and project sites. Field Engineers are generally assigned to multiple projects at any one time.
A summary of job requirement:
• 3 years construction engineering experience
• Be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
• Have the ability to perform and be proficient in geometrical and mathematical calculations.
• Have knowledge and ability necessary to perform layout and surveying.
• Have knowledge of basic computer systems and software.
• Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Be able to climb, work at various heights and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Represent Techcon in a business-like and professional manner.
• Must have Intermediate knowledge of construction equipment & techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to the project.
• Spanish language skills a plus
Field Engineers report to a Project Manager. They are considered part of on-site management and
are responsible for various aspects of each project. Field Engineers are responsible for all construction layout and project documentation. More specifically, they;
• Engage in site layout, cost estimating, construction planning, scheduling, material procurement,
• quality control, and job site safety.
• Perform quantity tracking (including calculations) and cost coding for purposes of productivity
• Perform analysis and accurate job cost forecasting.
• Prepare daily reports as related to crews, progress and issues.
• Provide document control for correspondence, submittals, RFI's, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of final records for the project, including as-builts.
• Work with foreman to ensure structures are built in conformance with the contract requirements.
• Perform concrete quantity "cut-off" calculations, generate staking requests and order materials.
• Review project specifications and confer with Project Manager and Project Engineer concerning project requirements; such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, evaluations of field conditions, design changes, and reports
• Develop good working relationship with owner, subcontractors, and company support groups such as estimating, accounting, payroll, etc.
• Coordinate and monitor the work of subcontractors.
Potential for Advancement
Field Engineers will work closely with Project Managers and other functional areas of Techcon to gain experience and assume more job site and general business responsibility. As they gain experience, Field Engineers may be promoted to Project Manager and later into other fields of Techcon's business such as Contract Management, Engineering, or Estimating. Historically, Techcon has promoted from within our own employee base.
Growing South Bay Commercial and Residential Site Development & Construction Company
San Jose, CA
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 08:28:50 PDT