Application Support Technician
The First-Level Application Support Technician position is the initial point of contact for troubleshooting software, hardware, and peripheral problems. The technician must provide routine and emergency support to end users on a variety of issues. Responsibilities for the position include the training, identifying, researching, and resolving of user interface questions, as well as the documenting, tracking, and monitoring of problems to ensure timely resolution. The ability to recognize and escalate priority issues and translate technical terms into non-technical language is critical to the success of this role. The technician must exercise independent judgment, as well as be a team player.
Position is based in Madison, AL, with travel to new customer installations as necessary.
Software/hardware supported is Windows based point of sale and backoffice suite designed for retail environments.
- Answer user questions in person, by phone, and via ticket system on all company supported applications.
- Research user questions using available information resources and advise users on appropriate courses of action.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test, implement, and document resolutions for future reference.
- Install, configure, and maintain user hardware and peripherals with applicable applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of servers and other related equipment, devices, and systems.
- Perform software and hardware installations and upgrades.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Follow standard Help Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Help Desk contacts using call ticketing software.
- Understand complexity, and interdependencies of the various systems, applications, and infrastructure deployed in support of information technology services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems including Windows XP/7/8/10, Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Database experience with MS SQL.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and abilities; particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Skills at organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of computing and networking hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to learn, install, configure, and maintain various computer system hardware and software.
- Responsibilities may require weekend or late evening work in response to the needs of the systems being supported (On Call).
- Some lifting and carrying of equipment is required up to 40 pounds.
- Occasional travel to customer locations is required.
- Position starting at $30,000/year
- Company provided BCBS Health Insurance
- Paid vacation + 6 paid holidays
- Growing company with advancement opportunity
Visit www.fastraxpos.com to learn more about our company
FasTrax Solutions is a software development/application service provider, specializing in retail Point-of-Sale, Inventory Controls, Digital Marketing, and Warehouse software solutions. Our vertical markets are comprised of both retail and wholesale, with an emphasis on tobacco, convenience, liquor, and small grocery outlets.
Our technical campus is located in Madison, AL with our corporate location in Rock Hill, NY.
Please visit goftx.com for more information.
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 13:08:27 PDT