Field Service Technician or Engineer
Do you enjoy travel?
Do you like to be hands on?
Do you like to solve and trouble shoot machinery functions?
We are looking for an energetic, experienced Field Service Technician to work with our service team to do installations, maintenance, selling of service and parts and training operators. You will work with the Sales, Engineering and Service departments to promote Cranston equipment and services. We build equipment for the pulp and paper industry globally and have been in business since 1938.
This job offers a lot of daily variety and opportunities.
- To actively promote and secure sales of field service and replacement parts for previously commissioned machinery, upgrades or rebuilds not requiring re-engineering design.
- To accurately oversee and consult customer on proper installation, startup, commissioning and be an active participant through final customer acceptance testing when requested.
- Perform onsite consulting and repairs in scope of supply as defined in work instructions, which are based on customer Purchase order.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in repair and troubleshooting of large heavy mechanical machinery.
- Must have a good understanding in pnuematics, hydraulics and electrical assembly and operation.
- Must have experience in trouble shooting VFD and PLC's.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and technical data to do troubleshooting and installation at customer sites.
- Must be able to do training in front of groups and feel comfortable doing sales and promotions of service and parts.
- Must be able to travel both foreign and domestic up to 75% of the time.
This position will work out of the office in Portland and when not traveling it will involve doing promotional work and potential manufacturing assembly and troubleshooting on the floor.
Cranston Machinery Co., Inc. has been setting the pace in quality manufactured machinery and on time delivery for over 88 years. We are the most experienced suppliers of pulp and paper finishing equipment in North America with deliveries worldwide.
Employee Values: Integrity, Trust, Honesty, Family
Corporate Culture: Family atmosphere with commitment to the team and compassion to the person.
We believe that by working on integrating our individual values to form a delicate balance and harmony with our Corporate Values we can bring meaning to our purpose as stated in the Corporate Mission.
To bring meaning to these values:
We as individuals and as employees of Cranston Machinery will:
1. Aspire to showcase our personal values of Integrity, Trust and Honesty and our commitment to Family in all endeavors.
2. Strive for effectiveness by being competent in our chosen career path.
3. Aspire to continually improve our personal skills and our products.
4. Be available when called upon, as our ultimate goal is to achieve a working partnership with fellow employees, vendors and customers.
5. Trust in each others abilities, opinions will be shared and accepted in the spirit intended.
6. Be honest, yet respectful and professional in our response to all that we communicate with.
7. Render the values and compassion of a family in difficult times.
It is the personnel in our company that make the difference, It is the Integrity, Honesty and Trust all based on traditional family values that makes Cranston Machinery what it has been in the past, present and what will be the future.
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:29:07 PDT