Design Engineer - Tooling
Reports To: Design Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We're experts at helping manufacturers implement and sustain material handling automation in their operation. Autocraft's business units consist of its market-leading Autocraft Automated Guided Carts (AGC), Material Carriers, patented Work Brake Assembly, and General Assembly Tooling. Autocraft employs innovative engineering and lean production principles to deliver safe, effective, and low cost solutions to customers looking to optimize material flow in their operations. We take great pride in delivering the most dependable automation solutions to our customers' operations. We work closely with our customers to ensure that from design to installation their Autocraft experience is exceptional.
Autocraft is experiencing extraordinary growth, positioned squarely at the intersection of Industry 4.0 and the resurgence in American manufacturing. We are looking for strong UG/NX Tooling Designers interested in reshaping material delivery for some of the world's largest manufacturers within automotive, aerospace, home appliance, and medical device industries. If you relish the challenge and opportunity that comes with working in a fast-paced, high-growth organization that is transforming an industry, we are looking for you.
Design Engineers apply engineering theories and real-world experience to design industrial ergonomic systems and material handling equipment. This role requires a working knowledge of mechanical principles and an understanding of 3D models, layout drawings, and engineering specifications. Design Engineers require the ability to work independently and at times manage projects from start to finish. In dealing with customers, our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience at Autocraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete 3-D designs and assemblies for a variety of industrial tooling and material handling systems
• Analyze as-built tool design information and prepare design update plans
• Create field sketches and layouts
• Schedule activities to complete assigned tasks and projects, communicate and document requisite information per established Autocraft policies and procedures
• Understand customer needs, apply technical knowledge to identify process requirements, recommend and implement custom engineered solutions
• Demonstrate Engineering professionalism in all activities and provide efficient service to customers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictable demands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite to delivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demanding customers.
• We prefer candidates with previous mechanical 3D solid modeling experience, but are also interesting in training and developing recent graduates from a design-related program.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: Unigraphics/NX, Catia
• Must have basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized.
• Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
Autocraft is a leading provider of advanced material handling and assembly systems for the world's largest manufacturers. Since 1958, Autocraft has partnered with automotive, home appliance, and aerospace customers from its facilities in St. Clair County, Michigan. Autocraft's business units consist of its market-leading AutocraftTM Automated Guided Carts (AGC), Material Carriers, patented Work Brake Assembly, and General Assembly Tooling. Autocraft employs innovative engineering and lean production principles to deliver safe, effective, and low cost solutions to customers looking to optimize material flow in their operations.
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 07:05:49 PDT