Helpdesk Specialist (2nd Shift) - Information Technology
The second shift for the Help Desk Specialist in Sunday-Thursday from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. Schedule could change during the Spring/Summer.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Supervisory experience
- 2 years professional experience supporting Microsoft Windows computer users
- Active Directory user support experience
- Experience supporting Macintosh computer users in a business or educational environment
- Microsoft Office product experience
- Basic understanding of IP addressing and basic network protocols
- Blackboard or other LMS experience
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, following projects through to completion
- IT help desk
- Provide hardware help desk support for students, faculty and staff
- Provide 24-hour return call policy
- Work with Academic Computing staff in coordination of work orders
- Prioritize work and define work schedule for Level I students
- Work with hardware support staff in troubleshooting recurring hardware/software issues
- Collaborate with Technical Support unit to ensure supported hardware/software are included in the standard images
- Provide Macintosh and Windows support for hardware/software
- Reset faculty/staff/student account passwords as needed
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Department/Division: Information Technology
Deadline Date For Filing Applications: October 13, 2017
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Please include a letter that specifically addresses how skills, education and experience relate to the position announcement, a resume, and a list of three references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.