Project Engineer for Top General Contractor in Orange County
The Project Engineer works as a member of the project team providing support on RFI's, maintaining project records, submittals, and representing AGI with its architects, engineers and subcontractors. The Project Engineer handles all project engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions, including but not limited to:
- Obtaining, reviewing and distributing submittals to the project team.
- Reviewing blue prints and specifications, preparing RFI's and distributing responses.
- Creating, maintaining and organizing project files, plans and correspondence.
- Preparing a procurement log/schedule for subcontractors, materials, and equipment. Assisting in material purchases and coordination of deliveries to ensure that compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Distributing change order information/documentation to subcontractors and the project team.
- Managing the project closeout process, obtaining and distributing all required closeout documentation.
- Fostering and enhancing the company's relationships with architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Performing special projects and completing all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
3-5 years of project engineering experience is required. Four-year college degree in construction management, engineering or business administration is preferred. Knowledge of estimating and engineering principles and techniques. Thorough knowledge and understanding of contract documents and materials. Ability to read drawings and evaluate specifications. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project). Very strong English oral & written communication skills required.
Competitive pay depending on experience. Compensation package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K plan, paid time off (PTO) and discretionary performance based bonus plan.
AGI General Contracting (AGI) is a commercial general contracting firm that was founded in 1978 and has successfully completed projects in a wide range of industries, from grocery stores and retail developments to medical facilities, restaurants and theme parks. AGI is a relationship based contractor that is serious about taking care of its clients. We are considered a top contractor by our clients as demonstrated by the consistent pipeline of work that we do for them. AGIs growing list of clients includes over a dozen national/regional retailers, developers and healthcare providers. AGI General Contracting has been recognized as a Top Tenant Improvement Contractor by the Orange County Business Journal (2009-2016).
Our vision is to be the leading retail commercial general contracting firm specializing in the food & drug industry in the West.
AGIs Values are Integrity, Family, Safety, Customer Satisfaction, Customer-Centric, Giving Back.
AGI General Contracting has always been a family owned and operated business, and our work environment reflects our values. We reward talent, loyalty, pride of workmanship, whatever it takes attitude and reliability. We provide opportunities to grow and advance based on performance. If you share our high standards and solid values, we would love to talk with you about an opportunity for a rewarding future with AGI.
Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:52:23 PDT