Director Special Programs
Scope of Job
To manage the operation of an assigned grant funded program or project, exercising independent judgment and authority as required.
Responsible for all phases of the assigned program or project.
Description of Duties
• Supervises the personnel and day to day activities of a program or project.
• Coordinates the various activities of the program / project.
• Prepares, maintains, and monitors program/project budget.
• Investigates grant opportunities and drafts proposals and applications.
• Develops long and short term programs.
• Represents program/project in official functions. Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goal.
• Supervises and organizes seminars, conferences, and presentations.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in field related to program or project.
Masters degree in field related to program or project.
Five (5) years experience in field related to program or project and one (1) year supervisory experience.
Use of standard office equipment, personal computer, and audio/visual equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office conditions. Must be able to move between buildings, stoop, bend, lift and reach to set up for workshops, seminars, and presentations. Must be able to travel to local sites for workshops, seminars, and presentations.
*Primary work location will be Lyford and Raymondville, TX.
Must have ability to work under pressure, solve problems, and negotiate. Must possess excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills. Normally usual office environment; particular program or project may require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, or meetings. May be required to be available for evening and weekend special events.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.