Laboratory Assistant I, Health Sciences (P/T), CPRN11618HSBS
To assist with the smooth running of the phlebotomy, EKG and medical assistant labs; to maintain equipment and monitor supplies.
Position Title: Laboratory Assistant I, Health Sciences (P/T), CPRN11618HSBS
Duties of Position:
- Perform routine maintenance on lab equipment.
- Monitor supplies; replenish supplies from stock in draw areas of lab.
- Clean lab areas and equipment on a regular basis using appropriate cleaning agents.
- Provide Program Support Specialist with list of supplies to be ordered; put supplies away when received.
- Monitor EKG machines and supplies; replace paper as needed.
- Monitor temperatures of incubator, freezer and refrigerator on weekly basis.
- Repair or call for service on lab equipment, as needed.
- Oversee labs for cleanliness and tidiness.
Experience and Education:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year of lab assistant experience, preferably in a health field.
EDUCATION: College lab coursework completed, preferably in health discipline.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
EKG, treadmill, computer, phlebotomy arms, glucometers, medical beds.
Inside lab rooms with medical equipment and supplies.
This position requires a pre-employment Background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Biology & Health Sciences - HSBHS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt