Manager, Infrastructure Operations Center
Salary: $67,300 - $99,900
Title: Manager, Infrastructure Operations Center
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Data Centers
Date Posted: 09/28/2017
Position Information: The Manager, Infrastructure Operations Center reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer as a member of the ITS Enterprise Infrastructure leadership team and oversees the IT Infrastructure Operations Center team that is responsible for monitoring and providing tier 1 response to incidents on campus IT infrastructure including voice and data network, servers, applications and other user services 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. Working within the campus datacenter, the team of IT Infrastructure Operations Center team is also responsible for managing all of the assets and resources within the datacenter and perform tasks such as commissioning and decommissioning new servers, installing new racks, adding power and monitoring the overall health of the datacenter in terms of temperature, physical security, etc. The team also interacts with other teams within Information Technology Solutions such as communications, network operations, systems engineering and application developers when escalating incidents that raised. The Infrastructure Operations Center team is responsible for communications to campus as necessary during incidents.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs.
Basic knowledge of how to apply technologies and systems to meet business needs.
Experience with defining and developing operational support standards for all production systems and supported applications.
General knowledge of other areas of IT.
Strong project management skill sets.
Experience with developing and implementing in-house training processes to help deliver knowledge transfer to more junior personnel.
Skill in troubleshooting and problem-solving in a complex technical environment.
Knowledge of computer security best practices and policies, including demonstrated experience security moderate to highly complex server-based software.
Knowledge of own area of functional responsibility.
Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
Supervisory and management skills.
Knowledge of installing rack mounted servers and network equipment in standard datacenter racks.
Familiarity with basic systems administration tasks in Windows and Linux
Familiarity with server hardware including memory and disks
Familiarity with common datacenter policies and procedures.
Familiarity working in a network operations center environment that follows escalation processes.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with ITIL processes
Demonstrated knowledge of datacenter power and HVAC monitoring
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview