Shuttle Driver 40% - College & Admin Services
Salary: Range 22, $1,237.60 to $1,582.00 per month (2017-18 Classified Salary Schedule)
40% Work Assignment:
4 hours per day, 4 days per week, 9 months per year
Monday through Thursday: 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Appointments are hired at the first step of the range. The second step is paid after the first year of satisfactory service with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
Complete job description and application available online at: http://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/2933
Under general supervision, operates a passenger van to provide shuttle services for students and faculty; monitors vehicle performance to ensure vehicle operation, safety, efficiency and timeliness; maintains records and performs various clerical services; and performs related work as assigned.
This is a working level class within the Yosemite Community College District (YCCD). Incumbents operate a college van or similar vehicle to provide campus shuttle services during scheduled hours. Incumbents must possess a Class B commercial driver’s license and meet District standards for insurability as well as any other applicable restrictions required by the Department of Motor Vehicles and the California Motor Vehicle Code.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Incumbents in this class work under the general supervision of a supervisor or manager, working alone on routine or regular work assignments and checking with the supervisor on non-routine assignments or when in doubt as to the correct procedures to follow.
Incumbents do not directly or indirectly lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The knowledge and ability requirements are representative of essential duties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Basic knowledge of the California Motor Vehicle Code and the Education Code that apply to the operation of vehicles transporting passengers.
• Basic first aid practices, procedures and techniques.
• Safe driving practices.
• Use and care of passenger vehicles.
• Safety regulations and safe work practices.
• Ability to operate a vehicle designed to transport 14 passengers of less and other transportation equipment skillfully, safely and efficiently as to reduce liability.
• Understand and carry out both oral and written instructions.
• Exercise good judgment and extreme caution while driving.
• Meet requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
• Education: Possession of a High School diploma or GED.
• Experience: Two years of experience in the operation of a motor vehicle.
• Initial possession and continuing maintenance of a satisfactory driving record is required.
• Incumbent must meet any other requirements determined applicable to this position under California Vehicle Code or Department of Motor Vehicles regulations.
Example of Duties
• Operates a college passenger van or similar transportation vehicle to transport students and others to various campus locations as part of a scheduled shuttle service.
• Adheres to departure and arrival times as scheduled.
• Organizes and implements emergency routing when necessary.
• Inspects vehicles and reports mechanical concerns to the repair shop.
• Reads and learns the rules, regulations, laws and District policies pertaining to campus transportation.
• Attends driver safety meetings and/or trainings as assigned.
• May pick up and deliver supplies and other items as assigned.
• Maintains basic records.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work typically takes place in a vehicle, but includes driving in varied weather conditions. Duties may involve exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions.
Licenses and Certificates
A valid California Class B commercial driver’s license with a passenger endorsement and a valid medical certificate is required.
Physical and Mental Standards:
• Mobility: ability to ascend and descend stairs and ramps; sit, walk or stand for extended periods.
• Dexterity: must have a full range of motion in the upper extremities; manual dexterity to operate equipment and use hand tools, and handle and work with various materials and objects.
• Lifting: frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds.
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently.
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person.
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate; frequent contact with others including significant public contact.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.