Director of Reporting
The Advancement Operation provides the management and coordination of the back office functions to support the campus-based fundraising field staff. These include research, marketing and communications, gift processing, data base management, estate gift planning, and other services. These central services produce economies of scale by eliminating the need for these back office functions to be duplicated on each of the four campuses. They also place the institution in an optimal position to attract substantial support from the philanthropic sector.
The Director of Reporting provides operational leadership for the Reporting team, focusing on ensuring customer-centric services for Advancement Operations, Fundraisers campus-wide, Alumni Relations, Foundation, and other University constituencies. As an area that provides data services and reporting, the Director maintains close working relationships with all University liaisons across the four campus systems, and reports directly to the Assistant VP/CIO of Advancement and dotted line to the Assistant VP of Advancement Strategy and Annual Giving. This position will manage and supervise assigned technical staff and work closely with constituents across the University to define requirements for technology needs, implement operational solutions for those needs, and document needs feeding strategic technology changes. This position is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned technical staff within the Reporting team providing SQL and Cognos development mentorship and support in relation to prioritization of team projects and engagements.
- Works with internal and external clients to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner by assessing institutional needs and providing analysis of computer information systems, processes and support.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with campus Advancement leaders and database users.
- Serves as an expert in Advancement reporting; garners buy-in from stakeholders on initiatives.
- Sets the strategy and goals for Programmer Analyst duties including but not limited to:
- Reviewing, developing, designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining complex applications and new reports (or modifications of existing reports) from within the Ellucian Advance and related tools alumni/donor database system and other applications.
- Administering, maintaining, developing, and implementing policies and procedures for the integrity of the database.
- Mentoring team members in utilization of database and application development tools and processes.
- Providing guidance to the Programmer Analyst regarding developing and maintaining documentation for all reports, procedures, processes, and interfaces.
- Assisting with technical support of Ellucian Advance and related tools (i.e., troubleshooting, updates, etc.).
- Ensuring documentation of customizations to the Ellucian Advance and related tools applications and database are maintained.
- Serving as advisor/team lead on Ellucian Advance and related tools and database upgrades.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of Ellucian Advance, IBM Cognos, Salesforce (Marketing cloud, CVENT), Oracle DB, MDM, EDQ, SQL, Crystal Reports, MS Office, Visio, Project, Cherwell.
- Ability to provide customer-centric reporting deliverables within a high-demand environment.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage reporting teams.
- Knowledge of utilization and management of ERP databases.
- Ability to utilize multiple reporting tools while implementing reporting strategies.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Broomfield. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Five (5) years of experience in an Advancement role within higher education.
- Two (2) previous years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Previous experience with Ellucian Advance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by October 10, 2017. This position will be open until filled. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50206 - Advancement Operations
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Josh Brumley
Posting Contact Email: Joshua.Brumley@cu.edu
Position Number: 00001422