Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Position Number 2915
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Position Type Staff
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance/design of our departmental website, serving as departmental technology coordinator (DTC), reserving computer labs for faculty each semester, creating and maintaining departmental database (40%);
- Office Management that involves supervising two-three graduate assistants and two departmental FWS students, scheduling their hours in the main office and setting up tutoring schedules;
- Keeping track of and ordering office supplies (30%).
- Other functions involve assisting Supervisor and special programs with general administrative assistance (20%)
- Preparation of advertising, ordering catering; and reserving space for presentations and special events, and assisting with general administrative duties (10%).
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- Associate's Degree or Two (2) Year College Equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years directly related experience.
Experience working with a diverse population.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $26,275 - $30,000
Org #-Department Languages Literatures and Cultures - 12217
Work Hours of Position 8 AM - 5 PM, MONDAY - FRIDAY
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
OFFICE TECHNOLOGY (ADVANCED)
Integrates varying software or learns new computer applications to meet unique work needs. May serve as a resource to others on a variety of subjects including office equipment, software applications, and information processing procedures.
WORK COORDINATION (JOURNEY)
Plans and facilitates the support activities of an office or work unit; coordinates with others to complete tasks.Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem-solving and responding to most questions and inquiries.
KNOWLEDGE - PROGRAM (JOURNEY)
Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem-solving and responding to most questions and inquiries. Uses program knowledge to interface with others.
Open Date 09/26/2017
Close Date 10/13/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Describe your experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced work setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or Two (2) Year College Equivalent?
- * Do you have three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu