Senior Development Assistant
Who we are:
The Campus Programs and Parent Giving Office at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks an experienced professional to join our Advancement Team. We are accepting applications for a Senior Development Assistant. This position is part of a professional and high-performing advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the campus. Through our work, we are able to help the campus attract the brightest students, support and grow our Student Affairs programs, and enhance undergraduate education initiatives in an effort to elevate CU Boulder.
The Senior Development Assistant will work under minimal supervision on a broad array of critical projects and tasks, and will provide functional guidance to student workers. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity and applies skills and knowledge in multiple functions. The position's responsibilities include a distinct Advancement component.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Provides administrative support for the Assistant Vice Chancellor and the Campus Programs and Parent Giving advancement team.
- Support includes, but is not limited to, answering and directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, preparing routine and non-routine correspondence, document management, maintaining office equipment, resolving hardware and software issues with System Advancement IT team, orders and maintains adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Makes travel arrangements (which includes detailed itineraries reflecting appointments with donors), schedules meetings and appointments, and maintains calendars to ensure efficient time management. Assists staff with calendar management, expense reimbursement, and data entry relative to contacts and activities as needed. Coordinates actions, questions, and decisions between manager and others.
- Assists development staff in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting and stewarding donors and prospective donors through research of data bases. Utilizes data from central database to create requested reports, spreadsheets and correspondence on a routine basis. Generates and refines downloads for reports and mailing labels as requested by development staff.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budget. Generates department accounts payable vouchers, verifying accuracy of invoices and accounting codes to be charged.
- Supervises, trains, and manages workload and responsibilities of 2-3 student employees.
- Completes new gift fund set-up forms, routing and follow-up through completion. Oversees routing of fund agreements to ensure required approval signatures are obtained in a timely manner from review version to completed agreements with all signatures obtained. Provides complete information to Accounting and Stewardship departments and processing staff.
- Processes donor gifts, completes routing and tracking forms and delivery of gifts.
- Gift acknowledgments: oversees the gift acknowledgement process, which includes reviewing the reports generated by the student assistants and the various steps that are included in our gift acknowledgement process.
- Updates donor database with notes, strategic plans, contact reports, tasks, etc. to ensure most current and relevant information is available. Shares information with other team members. Researches and resolves issues or discrepancies daily regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Follows up to confirm changes have been made.
- Is the Advancement contact for new student application admissions status, meeting regularly via telephone with the Admissions office, updates spreadsheet and communicates those updates to development officers via email.
- Assists in onboarding of new employees: Schedules interviews and coordinates information for applicants, schedules first several weeks of meetings across campus with new employee and current staff members; meets with new employees to review and help with the various aspects of new employee onboarding.
- Provides support for Advancement-related events including preparing invitations, RSVPs, parking, name tags, set up, check in, menu and cleanup.
- Acts as liaison with the University regarding questions, research information, reports, and operations.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts in the upper $40,000's.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Internet. Computer skills may be subject to testing/verification.
What you will need:
- Knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism; skilled use of Business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Expert organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Solid knowledge of database management with the ability to: input data accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis; query reports, utilize data, and convert programs.
- An aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail, particularly in relation to calendar management and financial tracking.
- Familiarity with fundraising concepts.
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience in the non-profit sector supporting development/fundraising activities and events.
- Publisher and Access experience.
- Experience utilizing Breed Solutions for Fundraising and Donor Relations (BSR) or similar donor tracking software highly preferred.
- Familiarity with database applications.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 5, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11270
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Sep 28, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 5, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00736726