Auxiliary Services Budget Analyst
Under the direction of the Deputy Field Controller, to provide budgetary services required to ensure financial budgetary accountability of resources for departments and administration within the Auxiliary Services Units. These Auxiliary Service Units currently include, but are not limited to: Dining and Hospitality Services, Bookstore, Copy Center, Campus Vending, University Center, Conference Services, Recreation Center, Student Health and Wellness Center, Residence Life and Housing, Family Development Center, Auxiliary Marketing, TheatreWorks, Galleries for Contemporary Art, Ent Center for the Arts, and the UCCS Farmhouse. The financial support provided should follow established internal controls, be in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), as well as comply with all Federal, State, Local, and University fiscal rules and regulations.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Perform a variety of financial analyses that identify trends and recommendations to help inform decision making and forecasts.
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed.
- With the support of department heads and other university staff, work to close out fiscal year by gathering financial data of the auxiliary units and make necessary budgetary adjustments in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- With the approval of the Deputy Field Controller, process new fiscal year budgets by entering budget journal entries (BJE) into PeopleSoft, the University financial system.
- Retrieve, review, and determine accuracy and appropriateness of BJE's entered into PeopleSoft system.
- Retrieve financial reports for auxiliary units.
- Create and prepare for the Deputy Field Controller basic budget and financial information on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Review monthly reports with auxiliary units in conjunction with the Deputy Field Controller and/or Associate Vice Chancellor Student Success and Auxiliary Services.
- Process budget adjustments for auxiliary units into the financial system after they have been approved by the Deputy Field Controller.
- Monthly adjust personnel budgets at the position level in accordance with university guidelines.
- Conduct monthly budget reviews to actual data and alert the Deputy Field Controller of any discrepancies in the data.
- Assist Deputy Field Controller with earmarking and tracking of reserve expenditures for auxiliary units.
- As directed by the Deputy Field Controller, work with the campus central budget office to assure auxiliary unit budgets are submitted on a timely basis and data are entered correctly.
- Review detailed budgets for centralized auxiliary service units and coordinate with the Deputy Field Controller on budget cash transfers.
- Provides training of budget process and procedures to Auxiliary Directors and their accounting staff.
- Develops strong relationships with Auxiliary Service departments heads and departmental accounting staffs.
- Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of existing budget processes and procedures for Auxiliary units and recommends to the Deputy Field Controller improvements of processes and procedures.
- Leads the development, implementation, and documentation of new processes and procedures for Auxiliary Units.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Deputy Field Controller.
- Knowledge of fiscal management methods and practices; federal, state and university laws, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of all aspects of auxiliary budgeting on a university campus, and knowledge of related computer applications. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge in the delivery of student-oriented services on a campus with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff. Proven ability to function as a provider in a service-oriented office environment and create cooperative working relationships with department heads distributed throughout the campus. Effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $ 44,500 - $ 50,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
The Auxiliary Services Budget Analyst is a position that requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and 3 years of progressive experience with auxiliary services budgeting
• Master of Business Administration, Master of Accountancy, or a master's degree in a related field.
• 5 years of progressive experience with university auxiliary services
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by October 13, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40101 - UCCS Controller's Office
Posting Date: Sep 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Skyler Rorabaugh
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738256