University of Colorado - School of Medicine
We seek candidates with expertise in one or more areas of health services or outcomes research, including surgical outcomes, epidemiology, health services research, health program evaluation, comparative effectiveness, quality of life, and medical decision making. The successful candidate will already have funded research in one of these areas and will be equipped to mentor junior faculty in surgical outcomes research. This faculty member will be charged with developing surgical outcomes research, with roughly half of their time devoted to providing mentorship and program development and half developing selected areas of surgical outcomes research. The candidate will teach and mentor Surgical Faculty and Research Fellows; publish in peer reviewed journals; and collaborate in obtaining extramural support for health services research. The degree to which the candidate will conduct independent research and seek extramural support for their own work will be negotiable.
The candidate will join the Surgical Outcomes and Applied Research (SOAR) program and participate in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary faculty engaged in cutting edge surgical outcomes research. SOAR's mission is to improve patient care through health services research, develop local expertise and leadership in health services research, and train future leaders in health services research. Consistent with the call of the current National Institutes of Health roadmap for interdisciplinary models of research, SOAR projects consistently rely on collaborations among clinicians, health services researchers and statisticians.
- Research doctoral degree in health services research, epidemiology, public health, or related discipline
Appointment at the Assistant level requires:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in health care and publish results
- Demonstrated experience in methodological consultation and mentoring
- Candidates at the level of Associate Professor or above with funded surgical outcomes research, peer-reviewed publications, teaching experience and specific interest in adult surgical outcomes are preferred. A proven track record of successful research mentorship and program leadership are also desired.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11203
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20306 - SOM-SRG-CH General Operations
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Peterson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00738622