The Project Superintendent is the company's representative assigned the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project so it is safe, within budget, on schedule, in compliance with the company's quality standards and to the customer's satisfaction. To accomplish this, the Project Superintendent must work in concert with the Project Manager to schedule, plan and direct all field operations to include management of all work by Nakasato's own forces and that of the subcontractors. The Project Manager and Project Superintendent will work as a complementary team where the sum of their efforts is greater than their individual efforts. The Project Superintendent has full responsibility for initiating and implementing all pertinent safety and quality control policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include: review of subcontractor scopes, participation in buyout, adherence to budget and to ensure the construction process and building are completed to the client's full satisfaction and at the company's levels of profitability.
- Maintain safety standards - safety planning is to be included in all pre-job planning and considered foremost in the daily operations. All government and company safety regulations and requirements shall be enforced by the Project Superintendent.
- Manage project planning - develop and execute the pre-job plan. Determine the construction techniques to be used to construct the project. Develop and maintain the Site Utilization Plan.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of CPM project schedules.
- Manage and develop superintendents, engineers, foremen and craft persons. Orient new project personnel to the company and project.
- Review equipment requirements with the project manager. Emphasis should be given to utilization of company-owned equipment.
- Performs material take-offs and material ordering for self-performed work.
- Plan, staff and manage self performance activities.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage all subcontractors and vendors. Conduct Weekly Subcontractor Coordination Meetings with all onsite or soon to be onsite subcontractor supervision.
- Expedite vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis. Identify and resolve construction problems as they develop. Maintain the project on schedule.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping and cost records. The next job you build may be bid on the basis of your cost record.
- Review weekly labor reports and monthly total job cost reports carefully to determine areas needing special attention, and initiate changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget.
- Management and understanding of project and corporate Quality Control procedures.
- Comply with all jobsite reporting requirements, including daily reports, field purchase orders, weekly unit reports, code and approve craft worker timesheets, weekly updates to the "three week look-aheads" and monthly updates to the construction schedule.
- Maintain a clean and orderly jobsite.
- Mitigate all potential subcontractor change orders and back-charges that may affect project profitability and document them to the extent required.
- Close out the project in compliance with the contract documents.
- Satisfy the customer, subcontractors, vendors and the company. Be sensitive to special requirements of the customer, subs, vendors or neighbors to ensure satisfactory relations.
Education & Experience:
- Four (4) year construction related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10 (10) years construction experience with a minimum of five (5) years in a leadership capacity on projects ranging from $1M to $50M.
- Experience in self-performed work including general labor, carpentry, masonry, concrete, and sitework/earthwork.
- Ability to lead and evaluate craft performance is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Working knowledge of department's computer system and software necessary.
- Background in construction of Government/Federal projects.
- Prior proven success managing building construction projects; please provide project listing.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of commercial construction
- Effectively allocate resources and time, excellent organization and problem solving skills
Nakasato Contracting, LLC is a SBA certified Women-Owned, Hawaii based, Small Business concern specializing in Design-Build and Construction contracts. We have the capabilities to self-perform 30-60% of our work with in-house personnel including: Excavation and Earthwork, Demolition, Metal Stud & Wood Framing, Concrete Work, Window and Door Installation, Flooring, and Finish Carpentry. Representative projects include Office Remodels, New Structures, Theme Parks, Historic Renovations, Hotel Renovations, Restaurants and Construction Management.
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:47:56 PDT