HR Generalist/ Analyst
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master’s and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,400 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 5,400 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named for the past six years as a Great College to Work for by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions human resources team is seeking a Human Resources Generalist/Analyst (HRG). This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic HR professional who enjoys managing a diverse scope of HR generalist and analyst functions and wants to make a significant contribution in a creative team environment.
Committed to providing high quality, customer focused, and innovative service, the HRG delivers human resources guidance and support to employees and managers in assigned schools and departments. Key areas of focus include recruitment, HRIS administration and analytics, on boarding, off boarding, employee relations, benefits, compensation, employee engagement and recognition, and training and professional development. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the HR Director.
As an HR Generalist, the following areas of responsibility comprise approximately 50% of this role.
• Manage recruitment process and activities including job posting, resume tracking and candidate reporting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, references, salary recommendations and offers, and on boarding. Update and maintain IHP's Employment website using the Taleo/Oracle applicant tracking system.
• Welcome new employees and conduct portions of new hire orientations with HR team members. Provide new employees with current information about company policies, and benefits offered and benefit enrollment.
• Provide coaching, counseling and interpretation of policies to employees and managers.
• Assist managers and employees in resolution of complex employee relation issues which may include conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Conduct exit interviews, informational interviews, and advise employees regarding career/employment opportunities.
• Serve as first point of contact for Faculty and Staff for FMLA questions and paperwork to ensure timely and accurate process is followed. Provide guidance to managers on the FMLA process and how to stay in compliance with LOA regulations/requirements. Partner with LOA Coordinator and departments to ensure payroll is administered properly during an employee's leave of absence to ensure benefit premium deductions, paid time off accruals, and accurate employee records.
• Assist with job description creation, perform equity reviews of salaries within job in collaboration with HR Director and PHS Compensation. Advise managers on FLSA and all other regulations referring to compensation.
• Update, maintain, and create content on employee information in PeopleSoft and Datatel.
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Provide support/consultation for managers and employees with the annual performance evaluation process. Reviews performance appraisals to ensure that the overall rating/salary increase are in line with guidelines and are equitable. Manage annual merit/promotion/equity/market letter production process for respective departments in collaboration with HR team and IT.
• Partner with the HR Director and other members of the HR team to provide periodic employee events/programs and organize other HR or Institute sponsored activities (ex: training initiatives, wellness programs).
• Serve on Institute/PHS HR committees and performs project work throughout the year to enhance overall HR services.
• Provide backup support to other HR team members.
• Leads HR projects as assigned.
The following analyst, reporting and metrics areas of responsibility comprise approximately 50% of this role.
Data and Analytics
• Coordinate departmental audits and compliance tracking and notification to appropriate HR team members and or customers.
• Run/distribute reports for HR team, leadership, and customers. Respond to data requests, and research atypical data pulled out of databases.
• Help provide data for, and to complete, annual surveys surrounding areas of compensation, retention, demographics, etc.
• Regularly report on data within HR dashboard, vacancy report, and trends found within department data to inform HR leadership decisions.
• Merge data from various databases as appropriate.
• Collaborate with MGH HR Analyst and Partners HRIS to set up, maintain, correct, and support Institute PeopleSoft department tree structures / tables within the HRMS system to ensure accuracy of data
• Meet with IHP HR and IHP department managers, as appropriate, to determine how best to set up, correct and maintain departmental information.
• Research and troubleshoot transactional/data errors in PeopleSoft HRMS.
• Create queries and reports to meet data needs of IHP HR and customers.
• Provide support to the department as the internal HRMS subject matter expert.
• Build and maintain queries for department metrics and internal audits.
• Become team expert on Informer HR functionality and capabilities.
• Partner with IT to implement HR data changes/needs, to create/build/run HR queries and that support IHP HR department and customer needs.
• Create/build/run reports in Peoplesoft, Informer, and the Time Off System that support annual financial audits and inquiries
• Create/build/run queries and reports in Taleo that provide IHP HR and the Institute metrics on recruitment including but not limited to: time to fill, diversity applicant data, diversity hiring and number of applicants.
• Represent team on committees and projects for new HR systems
Bachelor's degree with a concentration and interest in Human Resources, or related field strongly preferred.
PHR Certification preferred. Recruitment experience required.
PeopleSoft experience preferred.
2.5 -5 years of HR experience preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access and web-based tools such as PeopleSoft, HRMS and Web hire strongly desired.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
• Strong HR knowledge base with a willingness to continually learn and stay current with best practices.
• Commitment to high quality customer service.
• Understanding of HR and other Shared Services departments and ability to draw on their resources as appropriate. These functions include Benefits, Compensation, Employee and Labor Relations, EAP, Legal, Employee Records, HRIS, Police and Security, Payroll, and Commuter Services.
• Solid understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and practices as well as current state and federal labor and employment laws.
• Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and have the ability to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills. Ability to resolve, manage, and communicate complex issues to all levels.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision; understands when to escalate issues.
• Demonstrated commitment to IHP core values and mission.
• Respect the talent and unique contribution of every individual, culture and ethnic group and treat all people in a fair and equitable manner.
• Exercise self-awareness; monitor impact on others; is receptive to and seek out feedback; use self-discipline to adjust to feedback.
• Accountable for delivering high quality work. Act with a clear sense of ownership.
• Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Builds strong customer relationships and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establish and maintain effective customer relationships – both internal as well as external.
• Excellent listening, communication, facilitation, and organizational skills.
• Experience developing and delivering training
• Display an ability and aptitude to work with and quickly learn different systems. Strong and demonstrated ability in use of internal systems (i.e. PeopleSoft) and other MS Office technical tools such as Access, Power Point and Excel. Effectively utilizes technology to analyze data and create reports as needed. Maintains knowledge of relational databases. Ability to communicate basic technical concepts to promote end users' understanding.
The Human Resources Department is a fast-paced environment. This position involves meeting deadlines and working with a diverse group of individuals. This position works in the Charlestown Navy Yard in a general office environment.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-PHS - CNY
Work Locations: PHS - CNY 149 13th Street Charlestown 02129
Job: Business Partner
Organization: Partners HealthCare(PHS)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: PHS Human Resources
Job Posting: Sep 26, 2017