Payroll Analyst II
Payroll Analyst II
Payroll Analyst II
Controller Operations - 926101
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm w/ Flex and Overtime as needed
The UNT System Business Service Center is home to several of the university system's shared and central services, including the Controllership and the Business Support Services department. These service groups provide all accounting, reporting, purchasing and business-service focused operations for all of the University of North Texas System component institutions. Areas of responsibility for these shared and central services include Payroll, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Student Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, and Procurement, among others. The University of North Texas System is comprised of: the University of North Texas (located in Denton), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (in Fort Worth), the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the University of North Texas System (downtown Dallas).
This position is located at the Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The UNTS Controller Operations Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Payroll Analyst II to join our team. This position performs routine (journey-level) payroll work. Work involves payroll services using guidelines, rules, policies, and laws. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in positions allocated to this class.)
* Processes monthly and semi-monthly payroll in PeopleSoft North American Payroll module.
* Maintains employee pay data, records pay data changes, interprets policies and procedures and State and Federal regulations affecting payroll procedures.
* Reports data; reviews and ensures accurate computation of pay, conducts appropriate audits to ensure data integrity and compliance; coordinates with internal departments as appropriate to resolve discrepancies.
* Provides customer service across institutions; analyzes and recommends solutions to address customer issues related to payroll.
* Represents organization utilizing effective communication and customer service skills to serve customers and provide information.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting financial record keeping.
* Working knowledge of cost and audit accounting.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Higher Education experience
* State of Texas experience
* Peoplesoft experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting