Academic Resources Assistant
Academic Resources Assistant
Administrative Coordinator I
Academic Resources - 110100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Academic Resources Department at the University of North Texas supports the operations of the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs by providing administrative services relating to academic compensation and position management, faculty recruitment and onboarding, faculty credentialing, and faculty records management.
The Academic Resources Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Academic Resources Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Posts UNT adjunct faculty jobs into applicant tracking system, reviews and routes related recruitment documents, monitors hiring process, and completes entry and maintenance of data.
* Provides information and assistance to users of the applicant tracking system.
* Provides applicant assistance regarding application submission.
* Provides guidance to departments on adjunct offer letter process, and completes assigned steps of the adjunct onboarding process (includes processing of background checks).
* Reviews assigned payroll authorization forms for compliance with job classification, pay plan, budget, and established policies and procedures.
* Validates data scanned into faculty records system for accuracy.
* Assists with scanning as needed.
* Reviews faculty records on a scheduled basis to ensure documents are scanned into correct location and files are appropriately maintained.
* Assists with maintenance of data in faculty credentialing system and provides assistance to departmental users regarding utilization of system.
* Processes paperwork for Visiting Scholars, creates appropriate records, generates required credentials, and distributes results.
* Serves as back-up for providing front-desk coverage for Academic Resources and the Office of the Provost as needed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree and three years of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Prior experience in higher education setting.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to utilize Excel or other spreadsheet programs to track activities and generate reports.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize tasks in an effective manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting