Employee Relations/HR Consultant
This position is responsible for providing employee relations guidance, with the assistance of the Team Lead, on a daily basis to UCCS employees. This position provides guidance to employees in addressing grievances, dispute resolutions and appeals; provides occasional training to the University community regarding employee relations issues and progressive discipline. This position will provide guidance regarding the performance management process and support training regarding unemployment compensation, leave and disability cases related to programs such as FMLA, STD, PERA STD, LTD, leave sharing, worker's compensation and on the job injury (OJI). This position assists in developing policies and procedures for the UCCS campus that comply with federal, state and local laws and State Personnel Board Rules and Procedures as well as University and campus policies and procedures. This position assists with other HR functions and programs, research, and training initiatives as needed.
- Counsels employees on existing organizational procedures and policies and assists them to identify and resolve issues related to their specific case.
- Provide consultation and participate in meetings with employees, managers, legal, and other departments when needed. Prepares and maintains written case records, reports, forms, and follow-ups. Provides written notifications to employees and managers regarding the status of each case; including approvals, changes and FMLA notifications.
- Advises management on the formulation and administration of plans and policies for human resource activities related to the performance management process, grievance procedures and dispute resolution.
- Conducts interviews with employees and supervisors regarding workplace conflicts, facilitating resolutions through mediation or referral to the next level.
- Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing and recommending solutions to human resource issues relating to employee relations.
- Ensures program or section area is in compliance with other established policies and procedures and with any relevant federal, state or local legislation.
- Presents training sessions and assists with the preparation of reports on leave programs such as FMLA, STD, PERA STD, LTD, leave sharing, worker's compensation and on the job injury as requested.
- Conducts periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with laws, policies and procedures.
- Assists with developing, coordinating and recommending changes for the improvement of workflow in the program or section area.
- Participates in professional development sessions, conferences or seminars.
- Business Acumen
- Conflict Resolution
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
Salary Range: $49,500 - $54,500
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in human resources, business administration, labor/industrial relations or related field.
- Three years of professional progressive experience in managing employee relations issues, to include grievances, workplace disputes, conflict resolution and FMLA cases.
- Higher Education experience
- Master's degree in conflict resolution and/or mediation, or related field
- Certified Insurance Rehabilitation Specialist
- Certified Disability Management Specialist
- Case Management Certification
- Certified in Alternative Dispute Resolution or Mediation
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by October 11, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40119 - AVCAF-Personnel
Posting Date: Sep 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rebecca Stephens
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738098