The Systems Engineer is responsible for all technology consultation, deployment, implementation, and integration as well as service and support needs for our Greater Nashville clients. This includes endpoints, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software. This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for clients using technologies that meet their needs.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Implement and support various cloud-based solutions such as Office 365, Azure, & AWS.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, Wi-Fi, and security.
- Advanced remote access solution implementation and support: IPSEC & SSL VPN, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolute dedication to unparalleled customer service.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the client and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to client's needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering all time and expenses as they occur.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Continuous education, expansion, and refinement of technical knowledge and credibility through industry standard certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE), LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- 5 years of IT experience, special preference given for experience in technology consulting roles
- Banking and/or healthcare IT experience a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 100% employer paid health insurance (medical and dental).
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Mileage and mobile phone reimbursement.
No relocation assistance provided.
Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:54:36 PDT