Student Coach, Health Data Informatics&Analytics Concentration
The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's College of Professional and Continuing Studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
The role of coaches in the Healthcare Leadership Program is to teach students in the Health Data Informatics and Analytics Master concentrations. Courses within this concentration are offered in an online format. You will be provided with a pre-designed Canvas "course container". The course container will provide a developed course for you to coach within. University College works with Baseline Faculty Expectations which reside in two categories for coaches: course engagement and communication expectations. These are to help apply best practices in teaching. As a coach, you will need to be cognizant of the following:
- Be professional, present, and engaged in the course and with students
- Provide specific and timely feedback connected with grades within the LMS
- Use career-relevant and current-event examples to make material applicable to students' lives
- Utilize and engage diverse perspectives in teaching materials and practices
- Maintain professional communication and interaction with all members of the DU and University College community
- Reach out proactively about any concerns
- Respond promptly and meet deadlines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with higher education in general and adult learners in particular.
- Knowledge of learning management tools and HTML.
- Proven excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Ability to adapt priorities and focus.
- Minimum of 5 years healthcare industry experience.
- Experience with mentorship of adults.
- Work or academic experience congruent with the content of a course or courses offered within our Healthcare Leadership Program.
- Master's or terminal degree in a healthcare related field or a Master's or terminal degree.
- More than five years of healthcare industry experience.
- Successful college/university teaching experience with adults.
- Recognition of professional accomplishment in an area of expertise related to course or courses offered within our Healthcare Leadership Program.
- Publication in the healthcare field.
- Professional presentations related to the healthcare field.
- Licensing and/or certification by professional organizations.
- Completion of an education/training program on adult learning or internship with a mentor.
- Adult training experience in the healthcare field.
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the 2017-2018 academic year. Preference will be given to early applications.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to begin application. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter and supporting materials how they will advance this commitment in their teaching. For questions related to this position, please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- A list of three references and their contact information.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.