Lead Programmer Analyst - Revenue Cycle
Lead Programmer Analyst - Revenue Cycle-1702156
At Stony Brook Medicine, a Lead Programmer Analyst - Revenue Cycle is a valuable member of our team, who will develop and support all revenue cycle systems that the department is responsible for. The incumbent may be assigned to a project team as part of technical build resource, or support any production systems to ensure the availability of the applications. The Senior Programmer/Analyst may also oversee the work of Lead Programmer/Analyst as needed.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties may include the following but are not limited to:
- Provide support to financial applications including Siemens INVISION Patient Management, Patient Accounting, Express Query, TRIF Interfaces, RPM and EMUE
- Provides technical and strategic input to leadership team to help drive transformational changes.
- Provides recommendations on industry and application integration trends in analyzing and planning current and future IT needs.
- Establishing architectural standards and frameworks to ensure that standards are consistently applied.
- Provides technical guidance on complex and cross application architecture challenges. Plan an active role as a technical expert during all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Participates in architecture brainstorming and design discussions with team members. The incumbent participates in all global and departmental process design activities with systems implementation activities.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of the technical and functional teams that include resolve system design issues, identify technical and infrastructure requirements, develop testing, training and conversion plans.
- Coordinates appropriate resources in the development of foreign system and instrument interface specifications. Work closely with Project Manager on all aspects of the project.
- Assists in development of detailed project plans in regard to the build tasks necessary to complete the projects. Determines the order and timing in which tasks must be completed. Develops and maintains environmental/domain planning according to project timelines.
- Assist project teams in planning and coordination of testing and training plans. Identifies the resources needed and the role of each member of the project team.
- Monitors projects continually in terms of the timeline and overall quality. The incumbent facilitates communication between all parties involved in an implementation to ensure that the teams are effectively working together.
- Monitors exactly where the project is according to plan on a daily basis in order to predict problems earlier and isolate issues that need to be addressed because of the critical effects that they may have on other parts of the project. Facilitates the resolution of issues within the framework of the project team, and escalates major issues to executive-level steering committees. Must work closely with the vendor and internal resources to resolve open issues.
Required Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in computer science, information systems or related field will ensure that the incumbent has the conceptual skills required for this demanding role. At least 3 years experience in healthcare related IT revenue cycle applications. Minimum three years experience in a complex healthcare environment, preferably in academic medical centers or tertiary care settings.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with integrating Siemens Invision and Cerner systems. Experience with Revenue Cycle system conversions.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Lead Programmer/Analyst
Job Field: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Information Technology-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am-5:00pmInformation Technology-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Sep 25, 2017
Posting End Date: Oct 25, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL3