Human Resources Intern
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-109
Posting Start Date: 9/29/2017
Minimum Education: Not Specified
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $10-12 / hr
Human Resources Intern
As a member of the Office of Human Resources, this position performs in a direct supporting role, assisting in multiple facets of human resources. The primary task of this internship is the research, creation, and implementation of a succession planning system. Additionally, the Human Resources Intern will provide support to Professional Development, Talent Acquisitions, Compensation & Classification, Benefits, Payroll, and other positions within the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Intern will be afforded many opportunities to be hands on with a variety of projects, both big and small. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is essential.
A Human Resources Intern is responsible for:
- The research of, creation of, building a business case for, and implementation of a succession planning system.
- Proper handling of confidential information
- Creation and execution of professional development workshop(s)
- Identifying novel outlets for advertising career opportunities
- Participating in Job Fairs
- Maintaining an organized file room
- Assisting in job description creation
- Assisting in social media campaigns
- Sorting through personnel documents and creating archive files as determined by the State retention policy
- Other duties as assigned
- A Junior or Senior level student actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Must be proficient with research and data analysis
- Must be extremely proficient with MS Excel
- A Graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in one of the aforementioned fields
- 1+ years' related work experience.
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.