Director of Contracted Services
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Director of Contracted Services.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Administration, the Director of Contracted Services provides leadership and oversight for the college's comprehensive auxiliary services. The position is responsible for all services and programs relating to outsourced food services, bookstore operations, dormitory laundry, vending, and pouring rights, as well as critical outsourced services for public safety and facilities management (engineering and custodial).
The Director interacts with divisions and offices across the college, including Finance and Administration, Purchasing, Controller, General Counsel, Public Safety, Facilities, Information Technology, Communications and External Relations, Enrollment Management and Student Success, and Residential Life.
The Director manages all business activities related to the sourcing and contract negotiations of the auxiliary services. The ideal candidate will possess sophisticated knowledge of auxiliary business models and best practices; solid experience managing budgets; extensive familiarity with campus dining and retail operations; the ability to establish and maintain strong team-building and collaborative relationships; and strong project management, analytic and communication skills.
- Integrate auxiliary service programs into FIT's Strategic Plans and institutional goals while managing relationships with third-party contracted vendors
- Maintain high standards of quality service and control of pricing for the campus community
- Work with vendors to envision and creatively execute innovations in service delivery, uses of space, new products and other enhancements
- Monitor financial performance, verify sales and commissions and ensure that agreements deliver revenue to the college as expected and in a timely manner
- Identify additional revenue opportunities for senior administration approval and negotiate contracts for new business concepts
- Oversee contract capital investment projects, from planning through implementation and financial reconciliation
- Provide fiduciary oversight on contracted labor services, including review of payroll-related billings, and alert management to billing discrepancies and contract deliverables
- Maintain documentation on the terms of each contract
- Ensure that contractors report on and meet performance indicators as specified in vendor agreements
- Develop Requests For Proposals and guide the RFP process through to vendor selection
- Serve as liaison to student organizations and communicate with key stakeholders through committees and focus groups in order to meet constituents' needs and effect long-term planning
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required; an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in contract administration and auxiliary enterprises, preferably in a higher education setting
- Experience overseeing food services and bookstore partnerships and monitoring large-scale contractual agreements
- An understanding of buildings and grounds services, as well as safety and security operations, appropriate for an urban college environment
- Familiarity with New York State and New York City procurement rules
- Exceptional communication, customer service and contract negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment, and on multiple projects concurrently
- Ease with spreadsheets and financial system software
Salary commensurate with experience.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu