Systems Administrator, GWorld Applications
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Systems Administrator, GWorld Applications position is part of the GWorld Card Office, within the Division of Operations at the George Washington University. To learn more about the our office, please visit: https://gworld.gwu.edu/
This position supports front line operations as well as being the primary owner/operator of the back-end system and application administration for GW's identification card program. This position also helps to develop plans and policies regarding the card system and its usage across GW campuses. This position reports to the Director, GWorld Program.
More specifically, the Systems Administrator, GWorld Applications is responsible for but not limited to:
• Independently performing system administration duties for the GWorld CS Gold card system and related interfaces.
• Managing, creating, and editing access plans, access schedules, financial account plans, location and device programming for the campus card system.
• Writing custom reports and scripts to meet University needs for data analysis and analytics.
• Coordinating with partner departments and DIT stakeholders on the administration of 3rd party interfaces.
• Developing personal relationships with partner offices within the University to better assist them with their card system needs.
• Maintaining knowledge of card system and access control best practices, software enhancements, critical system upgrades and security patches.
• Participating in strategic initiatives led by the GWorld leadership team such as systems enhancement, procedure documentation, automating workflow practices and researching new technologies.
• Investigating and identifying system issues and support calls and helps resolve or escalate them in a timely and proficient manner.
• Representing the GWorld Office at various meetings and events that may impact the unit.
• Managing the GWorld Card Program Operations, in the absence of the Director, in a manner consistent with maximizing revenues, minimizing costs and providing bench-marked levels of customer service to the University community.
• Troubleshooting and updating GWorld Office computers and mobile devices.
• Collecting stakeholder requirements and developing integration plans and processes.
• Working directly with vendors to troubleshoot system problems and technical solutions.
• Providing tier-two support to GWorld cardholder issues.
• Providing occasional after hours support for system upgrades, patches, and outages.
• Managing/performing special project assignments as requested.
• Performing other work related duties as requested. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Proficiency in developing reports, both financial and statistical, spreadsheets, and work process documentation is preferred.
Previous supervisory experience is desired.
Experience in a customer service environment is preferred.
Technically adept and ability to manage multi-range projects.
Strong communication skills, both orally and verbally, and posses the ability to work independently as the need arises.
Knowledge of SQL scripting, databases, spreadsheets and access control technologies are strongly desired.
Knowledge of physical security standards.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Operations Family Information Technology Sub-Family Systems Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday - 8:00am-5:00pm, available on an on-call basis in case of system emergencies Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006700 Job Open Date: 09/27/2017 Job Close Date: 10/13/2017 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have any experience with SQL or other scripting languages? Please explain.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have any experience supporting an enterprise database? Please explain.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have any experience integrating systems or customer requirements? Please explain.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter