The Admissions Representative is responsible for recruiting students for campus-based certification and degree programs. The Admissions Representative is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to students who meet requirements for admission selection and enrollment. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Articulate the mission and value of Dallas Nursing Institute to prospective students.
- Achieve performance goals for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process.
- Respond to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process by completing an average of 75 outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conduct telephone and in-person personal interviews with prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly and conducting campus tours for each applicant.
- Provide more in-depth advising for undecided students.
- Make program recommendations, appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Participate in on-campus Admission events and assisting with all admission events (i.e. Open Houses, Interview Days, and Admitted Student Day).
- Provide superior customer service to students through the entire admission process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent the organization in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: advising skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Computer skills including intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, as well as experience using customer relationship management systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Some college experience is required (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- A minimum of 3 year sales or recruitment experience or similar background is required.
- Previous admissions experience is strongly preferred.
- The ability to work evenings is required and some Saturdays as needed.
- Must be able to work between 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Shifts vary.
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone
- Ability to communicate and convey information clearly to students, faculty, and staff who have inquiries regarding the admissions processes
Additional Requirements and Information:
- Eligible for full-time benefits: Yes
- Background check required: Yes
- FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Dallas Nursing Institute offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Dallas Nursing Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dallas Nursing Institute