Assistant/Associate Professor of Business Studies, Finance (tenure track full-time)
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University, invites applications for a tenure track full-time Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance starting in September 1, 2018.
This position involves teaching Finance courses at the undergraduate and MBA level, which may include Financial Management, Investments, Financial Institutions, Portfolio Management and Financial Derivatives. Teaching opportunities also exist in the Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies or other Stockton programs, depending on academic credentials and professional experience. All Stockton faculty members are required to teach courses in the university's interdisciplinary general studies program as well. This position will most likely involve teaching at both of Stockton’s instructional sites, in Galloway, NJ and in Atlantic City (which are approximately 12 miles apart).
Along with building a track record of excellence in teaching, School of Business faculty members are expected to produce high-quality publications in finance, business, or related fields including pedagogical research, and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences. Other faculty duties include providing university service, as well as maintaining liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners. All Stockton faculty members are expected to demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
Minimum Qualifications: An earned doctorate in Finance or a related discipline is required (ABD candidates will be considered at the instructor level until the doctoral degree is completed). Evidence of potential for teaching, research and service in the finance field is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Related industry work experience is a plus, as is exposure to or experience within the liberal arts
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using: Word, PDF, or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- One-page teaching philosophy statement
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Short description of scholarly or creative agenda
- Samples of scholarly or creative work (e.g. documents, video, etc.)
- Three references who will be contacted to submit required letters of recommendation.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.