Accountant II, UCLA Extension
As one of America's finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California's largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
For 100 years, UCLA Extension has been a global leader in continuing higher education, with an unparalleled history of outreach and community service. As an integral part of UCLA, one of the world's most esteemed universities, we offer thousands of continuing education courses in the Arts, Business and Management, Legal Studies, Engineering, Technology, Humanities and Sciences, and much more. UCLA Extension is currently seeking an experienced accounting professional to serve as the Accountant II (Requisition 26084) within the department of Cashier and Financial Services.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Cashier & Financial Services (CFS) and general direction of the Assistant Director of CFS, the incumbent supervises and is responsible for the day-to-day activities in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Travel & Entertainment (APT), Instructor Payments/Payroll (IP) and Budget functions of the department.
Major duties include:
- Reviewing/monitoring APT and IP transactions for accuracy and compliance to University policy
- Supervision and performance of accounts payable, tuition and sundry debtor invoices
- Collection activities; A/R write-offs
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports such as collection logs, aging reports, write-off profitability analysis, Sundry Debtor Reserve Analysis Report and Aging Receivable Reconciliation Report
- Travel & entertainment reimbursements
- Processing Instructor payroll
- Oversee the budget process, and inventory control functions
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Advanced working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of University business and accounting policies, especially with respect to APT data collection and dispersal, AR, and IP is highly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced financial software platforms, including spreadsheets and databases in order to input financial information
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products—Windows, Word, Excel, and Access
- Demonstrated ability to take a proactive approach when reviewing financial information, e.g., identifying analyses that would be productive, attending to discrepancies or problems, and recommending ways of evaluating and comparing data
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
The target salary range for this position is between $4400 and $6,000 monthly.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including vacation and sick leave accrual; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 26084. Alternatively, you may copy/paste the link below into your browser’s address bar:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.