Chairperson, Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine
The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University seeks applications for the position of Chairperson of the Department of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine. Investigators with outstanding research accomplishments and collaborative interests that complement the existing strengths of our
university in neurological and psychiatric disorders are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must hold an MD, PhD, combination, and/or equivalent and must be eligible for faculty appointment at the full Professor level. Other desirable qualifications for this twelve-month, tenured/tenure-track faculty position include:
• A clearly established national and international reputation as a scholar in the field of neuroscience
• Sustained success in obtaining external funding for research
• Exceptional track record of publications in top scientific journals
• Evidence of a commitment to fostering multidisciplinary collaborations with other academic researchers both inside and outside the university as well as with private industry partners
• Highly developed leadership skills necessary to direct a world-class department and research program
• A history of university-level service and a commitment to core values similar to those of our institution (collegiality, compassion, excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and leadership)
• History of scientific innovation leading to patentable products
The successful candidate for this position will be expected to participate in teaching programs for professional and graduate students as well as all other academic, scholarly, and service functions within the university.
Augusta University offers generous start-up packages, excellent laboratory space, and outstanding core facilities for cell imaging, genomics and proteomics, small animal behavior, zebrafish, histology, electron microscopy, etc. Onsite technology incubator laboratories are also available on campus. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be able to recruit a number of tenure-track faculty positions to the department and will be eligible for an Endowed Professorship. Salaries are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
Augusta University, home of the Medical College of Georgia, is one of four research-intensive universities in the University System of Georgia, and the state’s only public medical school. With 920 medical students, 510
residents, and over 800 faculty members, MCG has a long-established tradition of excellence in education, research and clinical care.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Candidate materials should include curriculum vitae, summary of professional and research goals, and the names and addresses of three references.
On behalf of the Search Committee Chair, Alvin V. Terry, PhD, applications, nominations and inquiries will be received electronically by Sharon Wingard, Executive Search Consultant, Augusta University at email@example.com.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.