Social Media Coordinator (1771)
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,700 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in a cultural hub with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with an esteemed faculty of accomplished professionals and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
The Social Media Coordinator at Pratt Institute is responsible for developing, executing, and monitoring social media strategies that are designed to increase the visibility of the institute. The Social Media Coordinator promotes timely content informed by press initiatives, e-newsletters, video content, institutional news, events, and exhibitions through the Institute's electronic platforms. The position requires previous experience with social media on behalf of a higher educational institution.
- Develop, execute, and monitor the Institute's overall social media strategies, campaigns, and day-to-day activities.
- Draft, update, and enforce appropriate policies and procedures regarding Pratt's social media program; provide social media support to members of the Pratt community as requested.
- Collaborate with colleagues and faculty to promote ongoing press, editorial, and video efforts across the department as well as broadcast student and faculty accomplishments and institutional news.
- Maintain institutional voice across all social media platforms and adhere to Pratt messaging guidelines.
- Prepare monthly updates bench marking effectiveness of outreach across the Institute's social media streams and interpret analytics to provide insights.
- Research and respond to all social media inquiries in a timely fashion and serve as an advocate of Pratt in social media spaces.
- Monitor and stay apprised of trends in social media tools, trends, and applications using data to inform and shape future strategies.
- Educate members of the Pratt community about strategic benefits of social media opportunities.
- Assist with media relations activities as needed.
- Attend and assist with social events and public programs.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Provide ongoing administrative and editorial support as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with social media, preferably on behalf of an educational institution, required.
- Copywriting, editorial, and online marketing experience a plus.
- Must have a track record in delivering timely, accurate work along with demonstrating good follow-through.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (i.e., Twitter, Facebook (Facebook Live), Instagram (Instagram Stories), LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.) and how they can be leveraged to raise Pratt's profile as a leader in higher education and a cultural hub in New York City.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to prioritize and work independently required.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and ability to build and maintain relationships essential.
- Must have good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly; superior time management skills; and strong commitment to adhering to consistent messaging and brand guidelines.
- Must be able to generate ideas and work with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong collaborator and team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other offices and departments when necessary.
- Experience with Hootsuite, Klout, and Sprout Social strongly preferred.
- Project management skills also a plus.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse, as well as demonstrate inter-cultural competence with an understanding of the dynamics of diversity in higher education.
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.