Institutional Research & Assessment Analyst
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for an Institutional Research & Assessment Analyst.
• Assist others in IR and across the University with data collection, review, analysis and compilation of results.
• Assist in completion of IPEDS and other required survey reporting.
• Integrate and interpret academic data used to support the assessment and program review process for academic programs, support units, and administrative units.
• Coordinate and track university-wide planning and assessment activities.
• Serve as project manager for analytics projects.
• Query the various data systems to satisfy division/department requests for data and information.
• Research and produce reports including the MGA Fact Book, Common Data Set, and Internal reports as needed.
• Assist other members of Institutional Research in the establishment of a comprehensive research program that supports all areas of the Institution.
• Manipulate and analyze data sets using a variety of software tools.
• Provide meaningful communication of data in a variety of formats to university employees.
• Respond to ad hoc request for research and data analysis.
• Manage multiple short- and long-term projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision as a integral member of a team.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees of all divisions throughout the University.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Institutional Research.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship, or having had a similar position for one year. The ability to work independently in a fast paced loosely structured environment with competing demands. Knowledge of institutional research, and assessment principles and practices. Knowledge of Higher Education norms and practices. Knowledge of accreditation standards and guidelines. Knowledge of current trends and solutions especially related to data reporting and business intelligence. Knowledge of statistical and other methods of data analysis for the reporting. Knowledge of computers and job related software programs for authoring reports. Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports. Skill in written and oral communications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Specific knowledge of Middle Georgia State University and University System of Georgia (USG) is especially desirable. Specific knowledge of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is especially desirable. Specific knowledge of Blackboard/Pyramid, Oracle BICS, Crystal Reporting, Tableau or an ability and willingness to learn. Specific knowledge of SQL and database management is especially desirable. Specific knowledge of SPSS, Excel, or other programs, or an ability and willingness to learn. Specific knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain posted until filled. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: email@example.com with the subject line “Inst Research/Assess Analyst”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.