Graphic Designer (1770)
The Graphic Designer, under the direction of the Associate Creative Director, is responsible for the concept and execution of print and digital communications that challenge the status quo and enhance the Pratt brand, clearly communicates creative ideas to both supervisors and clients, collaborates on ideation with fellow designers, and works with the project management team to deliver solutions that are timely and effective.
- Support the creative Services team in applying the Pratt brand across projects for various departments of the Institute.
- Create print materials such as posters, publications, exhibition materials, and event branding for client departments.
- Design websites, motion graphics, social media campaigns, and web ads for client departments.
- Work with front end developers to build websites and online applications.
- Follow best practices in preparing files according to required specifications for print vendors.
- Effectively communicate design concepts to supervisors and client departments.
- Delegate tasks to student design employees.
Education: A Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience designing print and digital projects, preferably full-time or with an agency or firm required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional concept, design, and typography skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Experience in front-end web development a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong time management and problem solving capabilities.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented creative environment.
- Familiarity with higher education art institutions a plus.
- Must demonstrate inter-cultural competence and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE