Assistant or Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy
Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic candidate for a 9-month, full-time tenure-track position beginning in August, 2018. Three to five years of clinical experience, prior teaching experience (preferred), an earned post-professional doctoral degree in occupational therapy or related field, with research doctorate preferred, and potential for scholarly and research endeavors are required. The successful candidate will teach courses related to either physical disabilities and/or mental health, and may also be required to cover general OT education courses across the curriculum (such as OT Foundations, Educational Principles, Program Development), advise students, mentor capstone projects, maintain an active scholarly agenda, and engage in department and university service.
The occupational therapy department offers two academic tracks: a five-year BS/MS track and a three-year entry-level master’s track. Our curriculum design emphasizes psychosocial aspects of occupation, community-focused practice, and wellness and health promotion. We are seeking individuals who are committed to promoting innovative, community-focused occupational therapy practice in a friendly, team-oriented department.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate OT classes across the curriculum
- Maintain office hours, supervision of students and academic advising
- Participate in curriculum development and departmental governance
- Contribute to the department through research, publication and service
- Maintain an active agenda of scholarship and research
- Contribute to the university through participation on faculty committees and attending university functions
- Earned post-professional doctoral degree in occupational therapy or related field, with research doctorate preferred
- Candidate must have track record of research and scholarship in their area of expertise
- Prior college level teaching experience preferred
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by November 17, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be eligible for and obtain a California occupational therapy license
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican is located in beautiful Marin County, 12 miles north of San Francisco. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information Contact:
Karen McCarthy, OTD, OTR/L
Department of Occupational Therapy
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.