Payroll Reporting Analyst
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Payroll Reporting IT Analyst (PRIT).
The incumbent in this position reports to the Director of Payroll and supports the Payroll (PR) department in all activities' and deliverables surrounding PR Information System & Technology, with report management, system upgrades, project coordination, data analysis, reconciliation and clean up; Data mining with data quality and cleansing; and provide project support to the Payroll team.
- In conjunction with the Director of Payroll takes the lead on strategizing PR report management (query and report production) and delivery to client groups across the college and within PR.
- Lead liaison with the IT/HR organization as it relates to the Payroll Information System Technology (PRIT) enhancement and upgrades by identifying needs and implementing innovative technology related solutions.
- Liaison with the Human Recourse Information System Technology (HRIT) on Banner data.
- Evaluate current PRIT strategies, develop and implement recommendations for ways to better serve our client group across the college in an easily understandable manner and investigate and respond to the more difficult PR systems issues if needed for data integrity, cleansing and mining.
- Manage and update the PR website with current communications and forms.
- In conjunction with the Director of Payroll on occasion, perform as subject matter expert for minor application enhancements, fixes, or the transition to production of a larger project.
- Audit and research PR Data to prepare statistical reports and complete benchmarking surveys.
- Utilize MS Access or other query tool such as SQL/Argos to analyze data as needed in order to meet reporting requests from client groups.
- Serve as liaison regarding usage of Webpages, Argos, Banner, Bi-Tech, Xtender and general PR policy and procedures.
- Provide general administrative support to the Payroll team during peak season to meet target goals and deliverables.
Job Success Criteria:
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical skills
- Experience with extensive PRIT or HRIT report management
- Experience working in Higher Education is preferred
- Experience working in a unionized environment is preferred
- Ability to raise issues proactively and in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Independent, critical thinker, analytical and result oriented
- Ability to develop business requirements documents for technology solutions
- Ability to partner with information Technology to develop solutions
- Strong ability to develop business solutions using intimate knowledge of data and data languages (e.g., SQL)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college is required preferably with a concentration in Payroll or Human Resources Management, Organization Development, Computer Science, or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Payroll or Human Resources organization.
- Current experience working with a Payroll ERP from PRIT or HRIT front end and user experience. Ellucian Banner experience is highly desirable but similar ERPs are acceptable.
- A minimum of 3 years working with SQL to solve reporting and data investigation needs.
- Current experience with Argos report writing and/or similar report writers is highly desired.
- Current experience with creating, analyzing, translating PR/HR metrics.
- Previous experience working within and understanding PR/HR jargon and best practices.
- Experience with in-depth understanding of metrics gathering and data mining.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using MS Project and familiarity with Visio is desired.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the Payroll Office, Office of Human Resource Management and Labor Relations, Finance, the union office and other offices within the College, as well as external vendors and consultants.
Department: Payroll Department
Days/Hours: 35 hr/week
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
For consideration, please submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.