Psychology Instructor or Assistant Professor
Teach 30-32 credit hours over fall and spring semesters. Teaching assignment may include day, evenings, weekends, and/or multiple campus locations. Develop, revise and update curriculum in collaboration with the department faculty. Serve as the lead instructor of multi-section courses. Develop and teach online courses. Instruct, support, advise and provide timely feedback to students in accordance with DACC policy and procedures. Participate in and serve on department, division, and college committees, task forces and working groups. Maintain professional and academic competence and participate in professional development activities. Maintain office hours as mandated by division and college policy. Assist with cooperative education work site development and student placement in collaboration with DACC Co-op/Placement Office. Function as advisor to students, both individually and to student clubs and groups. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Masters degree in psychology required. Degree must be in hand by date of hire. Two (2) years recent experience (within last five years) full-time equivalent post-secondary teaching experience.
• Previous experience teaching in a community college setting.
• Knowledge of innovative, creative teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students.
• Experience with media, evolving instructional technologies, and distance learning programs and delivery.
• Knowledge of teaching and learning methodologies for post-secondary students including developing curriculum, measuring student learning outcomes, evaluating course efficacy, and assessing student learning.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with students, colleagues, staff, supervisors, and the community.
• Bilingual competence in Spanish and English will be considered as asset.
• Endorsement of the teaching philosophy of DACC which supports a goal of success for all students through active learning experiences and strong faculty involvement.
• Demonstrated experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.