Internal News Editor
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $72,500
UC Riverside is seeking an experienced editor and writer to oversee editorial content of its numerous internal communication pieces. Reporting to the director of news and information, the incumbent will dedicate a large amount of time to editing, managing content, writing story briefs and taking photos to accompany internal news stories. The position works closely with media relations as well as a variety of campus departments and organizations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
General knowledge of usage and applications of electronic communication tools and skill in using same.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
Working knowledge of the location, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives, programs and infrastructure.
Working knowledge of concepts and principles of news, media communications and media relations.
Good organizational skills.
Good written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills and political acumen.
Thorough knowledge of and professional experience working with digital newsletter templates.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
Excellent writing and editing skills.
Strong skills in problem solving and collaboration.
Experience working in higher education and/or for non-profit organizations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview