Assistant Director of Student Activities
Third Senior Administrative official in line responsible for directing a dept, division, or college and could report to either an Associate Director or Director.
The Assistant Director of Student Activities will:
- Advise and supervise the Kennesaw Activities Board, Marietta Activities Council and KSU Live.
- Manage program budgets totaling over 220,000 dollars and develop annual budget proposals with students.
- Oversee programmatic aspects for Explore Atlanta, Welcome Week and Homecoming. Support the Assistant Dean of Students for Student Life with the planning of special projects and campus wide events.
- This position consistently interacts with the Associate Director of Student Activities (immediate supervisor) Director of Student Activities, and the Assistant Dean of Students for Student Life. In addition this position will have daily, close interaction with the Coordinator for Student Activities (subordinate) and students involved with responsible organizations.
- This position will directly supervise, advise and counsel the Coordinator for Student Activities (subordinate) and students involved with the Kennesaw Activities Board, Marietta Activities Council, KSU Live, and Homecoming.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related work experience OR 7+ years related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Psychology, Marketing or related field required.
- Master's degree in Student Affairs, Student Personnel, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years of full-time professional experience or equivalent.