International Student Advisor
Job Title: International Student Advisor
Job ID: 24285
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3084, Range 1
Department: International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide one-on-one and group advising. Process paperwork for F-1 students benefits, such as OPT and CPT, as well as Changes of Status, Reduces Course Loads, Extensions of Program, etc. Provide administrative and technical support.
- Plan, coordinate, and present workshops and information sessions to communicate F-1 student immigration regulations and SJSU policies to international students.
- Advise students with academic and personal concerns. As appropriate, refer students to colleagues for professional support.
- Assist with coordination of the international student ARRIVAL/Orientation, International Week, and other programs in partnership with campus colleagues.
- Assist in the creation, revision, and ongoing support of office publications, website, and e-communications
- Serve as liaison to student clubs
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24285.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.