ARC Office Coordinator
10AM - 7PM
$45,624 - $65,436
The mission of the Academic Resource Center (ARC) at UC Riverside is to 'empower students to grow intellectually and personally as they pursue their goals'. Join a team that is full of innovation, spirit, engagement and most importantly, is student-centered. The University of California, Riverside is an enterprising public research institution. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities - air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, culture and healthcare. UCR gives every student, faculty, and staff the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel. UCR offers a challenging academic environment that emphasizes research and practical experiences through self-exploration, at one of the most ethnically diverse institutions in the country. UCR and the Division of Undergraduate Education is committed to student success. The Academic Resource Center (ARC) in the Division of Undergraduate Education seeks an Office Coordinator. The position reports directly to the Director of the Academic Resource Center, and is charged to oversee the front-desk student employees, coordinate all personnel contracts/appointments, and assist the Leadership Team in programmatic administration. If you believe in cultivating academic excellence through delivery of high quality support services, consider joining the ARC team!
Work hours are 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Friday from September through June, and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. from July through August.
1 Supervisory skills: ability to recruit, select, and train student employees. Ability to supervise work and evaluate performance.
2 Demonstrated extensive administrative experience providing administrative support for staff in a student services administration office environment.
3 Ability to communicate effectively, using tact, professionalism, and diplomacy, with students, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
4 Ability to manage multiple projects in a busy office with many interruptions.
5 Ability to adapt well to different leadership and interpersonal styles.
6 Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Ability to compile data and create statistical reports.
7 Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
8 Excellent technology skills utilizing MS Office Suite and an ability to learn new tools.
9 Skill in managing confrontational situations, with student staff, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
10 Skill in dealing effectively with ambiguity, stress, and uncertainty.
1 Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 Experience with UC and UCR policies and procedures.
3 Demonstrated prior experience and knowledge in higher education administration.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview