Part-Time, Diesel Heavy Equipment Instructors (Sturgeon Bay)
Job ID 601753
Location Sturgeon Bay
LOCATION: Sturgeon Bay Campus
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed for substitution during day classes
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Construction & Transportation
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307- 9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
- Education: Minimum of an ASE Master Certified Technician OR Manufacturer Master Technician - Technical diploma or associate degree in subject area preferred.
- Occupational Experience: Five years of direct occupational experience. At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years. The aforementioned may be waived if the candidate has two years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last 5 years.
- Must hold a CDL or have capability to obtain one within one year of employment.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Course emphasis will be on Engines, Brakes, Electrical Systems, Chassis/Suspension/Steering Systems, Hydraulics, Power Train, Refrigeration/AC, Emergency Power Generation, and ;Preventive Maintenance.
- Work to provide clear Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology pathways and subsequent partnerships with secondary education. Provide instruction and technical support to NWTC Corporate Training and Economic Development
- Provide educational leadership, work effectively with applicable advisory committees, community groups, faculty, administration, and campus support staff including (CTED) Corporate Training and Economic Development to perform contract work
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade.The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write.The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items.Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights.Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.